Thursday, September 25, 2008

This past football weekend

We had some friends over since we had worked so hard on the living room. We cooked hot dogs and watched football all day. We started out watching the Alabama football game, well it was boring. Bama beat the crap out of Arkansas. We all hung out outside with the kids, playing with them and cooking the food on the grill. We still had football games on, but nothing really important. Then it came time for the LSU/AU game. Well my husband is a big LSU fan but most of the friends that we had over are AU fans. I am a true Bama fan, but cheer for LSU when not playing Bama. So there sits me and husband, the LSU fans with about 4-5 AU fans. As the game went on, the score keeps changing, AU then LSU, it was a game that kept me on the edge of the couch. Then when LSU scored the final touchdown, we knew the game was pretty much over. The AU fans in the house got quiet, one even walked out. We had a blast having our close friends over but that game was intense. I am now happy that they game is over with and we don't have to go through that for another year. I am really nervous about the Bama/LSU game, cause that really causes tension in our house. Last year was really rough during the LSU/Bama game, me and hubby didn't talk for the rest of the night. Hopefully I will not get mad like that again, because Bama will win. I am also worried about this weekends game, Bama/Georgia. I will probably be sitting on the edge of my seat for that game too, but I can't wait either. So I hope that everyone has a great football weekend, cause there will be a bunch of great games on. I wish that today was Friday and the work week would be over. Just one more day. ROLL TIDE and have a great rest of the week and weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WAS THE ONE THAT WALKED OUTSIDE!!! Damn that game disgusted me! Yup,, glad it's over with too. We did have a great time with y'all though. Looking forward to this weekend...... not going to say a word but will definitely be some good games this weekend!
xo love ya honey (even though you rooted against me!!)